Top 20 Sarcastic captions | Best sarcastic captions
Best Sarcastic captions and quotes for instagram, facebook, and whatsapp
They say sarcasm shows weakness, but who gives a crap what they think?! While some may think that sarcasm is a slippery slope, others believe that sarcasm is actually a sign of intellect. After all, it was Oscar Wilde who wrote, “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence.”
what is sarcasm?
What is an example of sarcasm?
1. “When people ask me stupid questions, it is my legal obligation to give a sarcastic remark.”
2. “I’m not saying I hate you, what I’m saying is that you are literally the Monday of my life.”
3. “Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.”
4. “I am busy right now, can I ignore you some other time?
5. “Find your patience before I lose mine
6. “It’s okay if you don’t like me. Not everyone has good taste.”
7. “Do you think God gets stoned? I think so… look at the platypus.” Robin Williams, Actor
8. “Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.” Steven Wright
9. “If you find me offensive. Then I suggest you quit finding me.”
10. “Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.”
11. “I love sarcasm. It’s like punching people in the face but with words.”
12. “Life’s good, you should get one.”
13. “Cancel my subscription because I don’t need your issues.”
14. “I clapped because it’s finished, not because I like it.”
15. “If had a dollar for every smart thing you say. I’ll be poor.”
16. “I’m sorry while you were talking I was trying to figure where the hell you got the idea I cared.”
17. “No, you don’t have to repeat yourself. I was ignoring you the first time.”
18. “Sarcasm is the secret language that everyone uses when they want to say something mean to your face.”
19. “Unless your name is Google stop acting like you know everything.”
20. “You know the difference between a tornado and divorce in the South? Nothing! Someone’s losing a trailer, number one.” Robin Williams, Actor
What is the difference between irony and sarcasm?
Verbal irony is a figure of speech that communicates the opposite of what is said, while sarcasm is a form of irony that is directed at a person, with the intent to criticize.
What is the actual meaning of sarcastic?
Examples of Sarcasm: Understand the Meaning and Types of sarcasm
Sarcasm is everywhere! You can see it in everyday speech, literature, movies, and TV shows. Typically, sarcasm is used as a type of comedic relief, but it can also tell you loads about the personality of a character. Get a clear definition of this rhetorical device through sarcasm examples.
Sarcasm Meaning and Types
Different Types of Sarcasm
Sarcasm can come in all different types. Some are easier to catch on to than others.
self-deprecating – where you poke fun at yourself
deadpan – sarcasm given in serious tone (can be harder to pick up on)
brooding – saying the opposite of what you mean in an irritated tone
juvenile – obnoxious statements that might come across as annoying
Sarcastic Quotes From Literature
Literature provides wonderfully crafted sarcastic retorts and jokes for readers to enjoy. An author might develop a character with a biting tongue. Perhaps they’re very blunt in their delivery. At other times, they might be sarcastic to let the other characters sense their dismissive nature.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
In the first example, Harry Potter is definitely letting his uncle know he thinks very little of his level of intelligence.
“‘What were you doing under our window, boy?”Listening to the news,’ said Harry in a resigned voice.His aunt and uncle exchanged looks of outrage.’Listening to the news! Again?”Well, it changes every day, you see,’ said Harry.”
The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene
The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene delves into some pretty heavy topics like death and childhood cancer. But that doesn’t mean you can’t add a bit of sassy wit, as this quote by Isaac illustrates.
“Thank you for explaining that my eye cancer isn’t going to make me deaf. I feel so fortunate that an intellectual giant like yourself would deign to operate on me.”